Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Glow!

caption 

All About You Day was fantastic!  I was as nervous as a geek asking the popular girl to prom, until I reminded myself to breath and let the message come through me.  It was an amazing experience and I thank everyone for the overwhelming support.  Do you remember my blog post Dreamboards Anyone on March 1?  Well, as I'm sitting in the audience listening to Sakina Spruell, the organizer of the event talk about how she has been creating the life she wants and referred to her own Dreamboard/Vision Board I sat there thinking wait a minute.  On my dreamboard which I put together two months ago I taped two quotes to the center of my board:

"Motivational speakers in high demand can see lucrative pay days."  "Inspiring keynote speakers." 

Beautifuls, is that me below holding the microphone speaking to 200 women? 

caption by Mary Brown

This morning I got a message from a friend who is pitching me to give a talk at the Mocha Mom's national convention this July in Las Vegas.  Do you see how this works?  Ask, put your intention out there and then trust that God will handle the work behind the scenes.

Remember the Hurston/Wright Writers' Week Workshop that I applied to at Howard University?  Well, I was one of a handful of fiction writers who got in!  I will be hob nobbing with writers from across the country and studying with Marita Golden, the President Emeritus of the program.  Can you feel me glowing?  Come on, I want you to glow too.

When you meditate you open up your line of communication with God.  The more you meditate, the stronger and clearer that line becomes.  We are all born with a special a gift that we can offer the world.  There is something that you can do better than anyone in the Universe.  Some of us know our gifts early on but for others it's a struggle.  When you meditate you open yourself up to receive information at a deeper level than we do during normal waken consciousness.  "Meditation is time where the Holy Spirit has a chance to enter our mind and perform divine alchemy," says Marianne Williamson, "it not only changes what we think, it changes how we think it."

Your assignment for this week is to find a comfortable place and sit quietly for five minutes.  Light a candle and set an Intention for yourself, then as you go into the meditation put these questions out into the Universe.  Who am I?  What do I want?  What is my purpose?  How can I serve?  I promise you if you are patient and intuned, you will receive your answer.

Get ready to create the life you want and let's live in full Purpose!
Love, Light and Laughter!

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I am inspired :) God's abundant blessings to you and every future endeavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great such a great time and you did a great job. Your nervousness didn't even show. I've been seeing very positive feedback about the meditation portion... even from those who were at first skeptics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right about the power of meditation and creating your best life. I also love the storyboard idea. I plan to start one today! Thank you for the positive encouragement, and I hope you have a blessed day. In addition, if you have time... check out my fashion blog http://wp.me/p1sgAX-6b

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete