Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dreamboards Anyone?

This weekend I had my sister circle over for an over night girls hang out.  Yes, I’m talking about a big girl slumber party complete with extra dessert, reserved bottles of wine, faux punch and fuzzy slippers.  My circle has been meeting once a month for almost 11 long years and it seems like just yesterday that we met for the first time.  Each month we laugh, sometimes cry, and always spend time encouraging each others dreams and cheerleading from the sideline.  Saturday was my turn to host.  My theme was “Manifesting Your Dreams,” and after whipping up a fabulous feast of ginger soy salmon, sautéed cabbage, cous cous and butternut squash with roasted candied walnuts, we chatted and chewed, and then sat in meditation. 

I'm sure you are familiar with the phenomonen “The Secret.”  Right?  Well, after seeing Lisa Nichols and Michael Beckwith on Oprah and watching The Secret video I created my first dreamboard nearly five years ago, but with all the changes happening in my life my board was badly in need of an update.  For our dreamboards I supplied the group with poster boards, scissors and glue sticks and encouraged them to bring their old magazines and newspapers so that we could cut and create the life we’d like to live.  Dreamboards are simple to make and very powerful.  It's like a declaration to the Universe/to God of what you want to manifest into your life.  So after a ten minute group meditation, we reflected on our Intention for the upcoming months and then got to work cutting, snipping, gluing and taping it all together.

Making dreamboards is a wonderful bonding experience for you to try out with a group, but you can absolutely do this on your own.  Two of my friends decided that instead of making big bulky boards, they’d rather glue their pictures in a small notebook that they could carry with them everyday and reflect on it when the mood hit.  Another friend made her dreamboard on her computer and uses the photo of it as her screensaver.  Whatever works, works, and I strongly encourage you to give it a try.  Boards are sold at the likes of Staples for a few bucks and everyone has a pair of scissors and some tape lying around.  We didn’t actually finish our boards until the next morning and as each woman bid me adieu, I could feel the joy beneath her skin.   My sisters left my house carrying their new lives with them and their new sense of empowerment couldn't be contained.  Those boards that we breathed our dreams into with our healing hands were shouting!

Yes, you can do this.  A new house, that’s your.  A better job, you got it.  An attitude adjustment, at your service.  Of course you can have the life you want! Coming right up!

Everything begins with a simple step.  Since my conversation with God I have felt all types of shifts in my life.  I feel myself aligning with the higher source of energy that makes all things possible.  I'm humbled by this experience and so incredibly grateful.  My heart feels like it has been scraped clear and that there is a whole in the center attracting pure white, dazzling, healing Light.  I wish the very same thing for you and I hope you enjoy making your dreamboards!  Let me know how it goes.

Namaste Beautiful!
Love, Light and side-splitting Laughter!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this. I like the idea of putting the pictures into a notebook to see when the mood hits. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete