Friday, January 28, 2011

Intentionally You!

 photo by Sadeqa Johnson

After the rejection of my novel I've decided to be still.  I'm not in a rush to figure it all out, make moves or forge ahead.  I'm just waiting, and this decision has actually made me feel good.  I was watching Jay-Z on Oprah's Master Class and he said, "I always intended to be a millionaire by the age of 30," then he continued with, "it's okay to start your life in one direction but then when the opportunity arises to try something else go for it.  There is fear in failure but there is also fear in success."

This got me thinking about Intention and the power behind it.  My Intention has always been to be a published novelist.  Okay I'm lying, to be a New York Times best selling author (there I said it).  The draw back is that I've been holding onto this idea with the jaws of a pittbull, and because of my tight grasp I have been blinded when other opportunities dusted around me.  No, I'm not writing magazine articles, or starting a blog because they will take time away from my novel.  True, but now that the novel is finished, splash around a bit and try on different styles.  Problems are seeds of opportunities in disguise. 

So Intention, what is it anyway?  Intention is to have in mind a purpose or plan, so that the forces of the universe can align to make even the most impossible, possible.  According to Dr. Wayne Dyer, author of The Power of Intention, "Intention is not something that we do, rather it is a Universal/Source energy that we align ourselves with."  Nothing new can begin without an Intention.  Before you meditate (and by now I hoped you've started) your mind is like a polluted lake filled with guppys, kid's swimming trunks and yesterday's lunch.  When you sit in silence you are forcing this lake to be still.  In that stillness you can plant seeds of Intention so that your life will grow. 

Let's start the process of narrowing down Intention by writing out a simple a list and see where it takes us. 

What am I good at?
I'm good at writing, speaking, teaching, easing worries and helping people see things clearly.

What do I want?
I want to be a successful published novelist, write magazine articles, have an inspiring blog, grow my weekly meditation class into workshops that I'll conduct all over the globe, write a book to accompany the class/workshops, speak, interact, be heard.
(Okay, nothing like putting it all out there.)

What is my Purpose?
My purpose is to inspire, teach, touch, heal, and entertain.

How can I serve?
By shining my light on every person I reach and living without judgement.

So what is my Intention?
My Intention is to touch and change people's lives with my gifts of communication (writing, speaking, healing and teaching).

Aaah!  That feels powerfully clear.

Okay, so your turn.  I'm not standing out on this limb by myself so here's your assignment for the weekend.  Take out a pen and paper and start figuring out what your Intention is just as I have above.  Try to be as clear as possible.  Clarity is everything.  Once you've finished, go find a quiet place, light a candle and speak your Intention (claim it).  Then sit down criss-cross applesauce, close your eyes and meditate for at least five minutes (twenty would be awesome but be where you are).  Close out your meditation with gratitude.  Be grateful, be grateful, be grateful.  Then enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Let me know how it goes!

Namaste Beautiful.

Love, Light and Laughter!

2 comments:

  1. This homework assignment doesn't seem too bad, let me get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this...i've been in go-go-go mode of late. i think it will be good to sit and make sure i'm "go"-ing in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete